Sunday, January 25, 2015

Work Someone's Shift

Today I will be working for one of my coworkers. She is moving to Idaho and needed the day off. Because of how few people work on Sundays, there was no vacation time avail for her to take the day off. The only way she would br excused was to get someone to cover her shift. Normally it is a 10 shift,  which physically I probably couldn't do, but I agreed to work half of the shift and my friend Marti is working the other half. It will be weird. I will be working Sunday from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m. to help her out.

This is bittersweet.  Half of me is kicking myself for giving up part of my weekend. The other half of me is glad that I was able to something kind for someone else.   I don't really even know the coworker that I am working for. I just got an email with her plea for help & answered the call.

(P.S. I should be cleaning my office instead of working. I wanted to take a picture of my work area,  but decided I don't want the mess out there for everyone to see.)

No comments: